31.3.09

Lights Camera Action

Hi Everyone,


This past weekend was the Middle School Production of Passionella. The storyline was altered a bit since they didn't have enough boys in the cast to make it the love story it's supposed to be. They changed the lead...um I forget the original name but they made he a she and called her Dawn...and gave the role to Andrea who totally rocked the part. She was awesome. Her song was the best of the night. Joe was cast as the narrator. My pictures didn't come out because the theater was dark and we were sitting too far back. Another Mom took this one of her daughter on the right...in this scene Joe is describing a conversation between Passionella and the movie director where Joe mimes the talking while doing the talking hand gesture for each person. It was really funny.


Um..ok. The blog cuts off the right part of the picture. To the right of Joe is an outraged producer saying, "No." I tried to make it smaller but it didn't work. *sigh*

Nick taped it on our videocamera but I'm not sure that translates to online. There is a director who is teaching some courses at BFIS who taped the show on Saturday night. His wife was in my Spanish class and said that we will hopefully be able to get copies. I guess if everything went right with the taping that is. So, I'm waiting to hear and keeping my fingers crossed. If we get one we'll send it on a video tour from house to house for those who are interested. Several people have gone out of their way to complement the kids on their performances. Drama, it's what we do.

No comments: