18.11.08

News and updates

Hola!!

Great news. The dryer is fixed. In case you've been counting that is 4 weeks without a dryer. I am certain I'll be nominated for sainthood any day now.lol But, it's fixed and running!! Yay we have soft towels again.

On the Visa front. My trip to the US was shelved when an employee at Vistaprint Lexington offered to take the Passports for us. We had to go into Barcelona and get a letter notorized that gave her permission. Notories in Spain are not the same as notories in the States. I've got to say, we do it better...or more efficiently. Here, we had to go to a company that performs this service and waited 45 minutes for them to prepare a document that said we had come to them to witness my signature...this for some reason required my profession among other extraneous information. Then we all sat in a room and signed both my paper and the paper saying I had come in. 20 minutes later we had the papers in hand. Very odd. It's so much easier in the States where almost anyone can be a notary and you say who you are, show some ID, sign the papers get a stamp and move on with your life in about 10 minutes.

Needless to say I was a little disappointed that I wasn't going to be going to the States. I had a list of items I wanted to shop for not to mention friends to see. But, the whole Visa process requires dropping off the Passports one day and returning in about a week for the Passports with Visas to be given back to you. That is a long time to be away from the kids. So, this is for the best.

Plus, it increased my leverage in the discussions of what to do with our three week Christmas vacation. Well, that and the fact that Nick has meetings in Lexington on January 8 and 9th. *grin* We're working on getting flights into NJ for the 20th of December. We think we'll be in NJ visiting family and friends for that week then returning to Massachusetts for the remainder of the stay. Please shoot me an email if you want to try to coordinate a visit while we're in town.

Miss you and love you all!!

No comments: