20.9.08

Picture spam: Along the way to the bus stop

The walk to the bus stop is a little more than a half a mile now that we found a shorter way. We have to go up a hill and then down again to get to the bus stop, which totally reminds me of my parents stories of their childhood in Steelton and McAdoo PA....walking up hill both ways to school. Now, my kids will be able to tell similar stories to their kids. All the houses have gates/fences around them. At first we thought that meant that the neighborhood was unsafe. But, now that we've gotten more settled I think it's more of the Spanish idea of not showing off what you have so you don't get mugged/robbed. Everything is hidden behind walls, some more fortified then others. So, mostly along the way we see walls of varying heights and construction.But upon closer look there are real moments of beauty.

Here is a picture montage of our journey which is more back to front because of the way they uploaded but what can you do. Please take note of the steep hill along the way, which doesn't look as steep in the photos but trust me it is. I call it my butt burner hill. Don't laugh...I'm losing inches. ;)
Above and below are the pictures of the town center, the bus stop is directly behind me as I take the picture. It's not pretty so...




Here is an example of the castle wall, as the kids put it.

Our steep hill...



A sign on a house along the way

Another view of the hill

One of many snails...

a street sign









Here is our house from the street.












The kids have really enjoyed reading the comments and emails regarding the blog. Thanks for taking the time to connect with us. It makes a world of difference to the kids and me too. Please keep the comments coming.
We love you and miss you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,
I loved your photos of the walk to school and around your neighborhood. It looks like you can run wild in the streets! I love all the little cars too.

Have your dogs made any friends yet? Do you have a place to take them to run and play l? Are there any playgrounds that are as good as the one we took Milo to in August? We love and miss you. Milo has talked about Joe a couple of times even though he didn't see him last visit.
Aunt Kim

Aunt Mo said...

That is a very steep hill you have to climb and you will all be in great shape by the end of the school year! I'm glad that you are all making friends and settling in and having a good experience. Your neighborhood is the most beautiful place I've ever seen and when I show people where you are living, they will be jealous. I sent this website to Stevie and Danielle so they could see it too. Stevie said they will be contacting you about visiting. I told him that you have a huge house and he said, "Awesome!" I also gave Danni Rose your e-mail address so she can keep in touch as well. I am sending the pictures we took with Aunt Josie home with Daddy. They came out great! Miss you so much and Love you even more. Hugs and kiss - Aunt Mo

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda! Karen sent me your blog... I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am that your family is getting to experience life in Spain. It has been over 20 years since I have been to Spain. I still have a TON of family there. Seeing your pictures is such a joy for me.
I talk to Karen everyday, multiple times a day... She misses you all so much! Continue to Enjoy life! I look forward to your future posts!
All my best, Aislinn