16.9.08

Kids answering questions...

Aunt Mo (and anyone else who wondered),
This is Andrea... The first day of school was fun and exciting. The kids at the school understood what position we were in because they have all gone through it before. We made a lot of friends really easily on the first day. Mr Pover's English class is my favorite because it's telling the truth about how humans act. He assigned reading to us because "it makes us smarter." I brought in Mom's Persuasion by Jane Austin. I'm liking it so far.

Alexa here, I had an easier day than anyone else because I already had one friend from summer camp and two friends from orientation the day before. History is my favorite class so far because we're going to be doing a lot of really cool activities like, a radio broadcast that will be on the internet and a youth assembly where we will get to pretend to be real student council and make real changes in the school. English and Science are ok. And Math is awful because Mr Maadini is really strict. (Andrea likes him though)

Joe says, On the first day of school I had a great time. The lunch was good except one problem...the excrutiating pain in my legs from having to go up a steep staircase. I have to go up three flights of the steepest stairs you'll ever see. My favorite subject so far is Spanish Catalan studies because he already has us learning a special regions in Spain such as Castilla la Mancha. I've made a really good friend named Ben...we think we might have the same great great great great great great great great grandmas since we both have family from Czechoslovakia.

And don't forget about me...as if you could. Jess here...school is awesome but it's hard because I don't see my siblings even though I feel like I'm supposed to. I ride the bus with the them though. My Spanish teacher is very nice. Her name is Miss Amy. She speaks in Spanish so it's really hard to understand her except she uses her hands to help us. Mr Hupp is my homeroom teacher. He's the only 4th grade boy teacher. (There is only two 4th grade teachers) There is only 5 girls in the class now but there might be one more. There is 10 boys. I like having a small class. There is one boy in my class I like...don't tell Dad.

Dad is going back to Massachusetts this weekend. Only him...he's leaving us here...to take care of the puppies and go to school. Keep the prayers coming they have helped us get adjusted.

Aunt Kim,
Ikea is the same but there is a food court that is on the top of Dad's list of places to eat in Barcelona. He likes the swedish meatballs. We've been there a lot. We got some nice furniture there and some comfy beds.

Mrs Canestrari,
Soccer hasn't started yet. I'm still debating over whether I'm going to do it or not. I want to do it because I really enjoy it. They have soccer at school for the girls but it's not a team. I can join a team that at a sports club with some kids from the school but it's co-ed..
Apparently girls don't really play soccer here.I've been playing it at home instead. I'll keep you posted on what we decide.

Omi,
Jessica misses Friendly's very much...Alexa wants add most restaurants...like Fridays and Applebee's. We can find McDonalds and Burger King. We even found Kentucky Fried Chicken...although Mom wasn't with us and still is upset about it. We miss being able to read the menu. Andrea can though...sometimes.

We miss poptarts...rootbeer...Dr Pepper...normal hamburgers...sweet and sour sauce...beef meatballs...pancakes...syrup...kool-aid...gatoraid...juiceboxes of anykind...(Thier juiceboxes taste like soap, Dad thinks it is some type of yogurt drink)...grape jelly...Jiff...Yankee candles...Alexa misses Basketball but not to eat...to play. Mom misses Rao's spaghetti sauce...her spices...baking soda...progresso bread crumbs...progresso soup..bagels...tostitos tortilla chips...

Cool things we found here that we like though are...crustless loafs of bread, nutella, chocolate croissants, bikinis (sandwhiches sort of like grilled cheese with ham), Fanta soda and Schweppes limon, fruit tarts, blackberries on the trail by school, cannolis, pastries, Nespresso coffee, Pizza at the mall that tastes like Jersey Shore pizza, colorful popcorn, Gelato especially the banana chocolate..not regular chocolate that tends to have peanuts, smints

Places that we've seen so far that we like...
Gaudi places,
The town center at Valldoreix
The Zoo
The Olympic Movie theater
The Aquarium

Places we want to go
The Assassins Museum
La Pedrera
Sagrada Familia
The Chocolate Museum
Medival town near here
Tarragona (Roman ruins)
Rome, Italy
London, England
Franfurt Germany

Places where people we've met are from
West Virginia
California
Arkansas
New Jersey
Brazil
shanghi
Venezuela
Sweden
Gettysburg, Pa
Miami
Tunisia
Connecticut
Cambridge Ma
Great Britain
Russia
Amsterdam
Spain
Turkey
Chicago

It's very cool... We're learning lots.

Coming soon...a photographic journey along the way to the bus stop...

2 comments:

Jodi said...

What a great post!! I'm really enjoying reading about your adventures!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

Wow. It sounds like you guys are having a great time! And adjusting very well... Glad you're all liking school.

And why haven't you met anyone from NY? What's up with that? *g*