3.4.11

Flat Stanley Fail...

We've hosted 4 flat Stanleys since we've moved to Barcelona. It's always a fun job taking pictures to send back to school kids in the US who might never even heard of Barcelona before. So, when my friend Melanie emailed asking if she could send Flat "Megan" my way I happily agreed. Flat Megan arrived safe and sound and I took her down town on some errands to get some pictures.In front of the fountain where if you take a drink you are sure to return....
In front of the Hard Rock Cafe...
And it seemed a perfect reason to take her down to the Port when we were going to the movies one day. I slipped her into my purse, and when I sat down on the train she was gone. Flat Megan had flown the coop. I sent an apologetic email immediately to Melanie who channeled her inner Catalan with a generous, "No pasa nada"...and I decided to make a replacement Megan to send along on her mission. So, below is Flat Megan II, after her makeover enjoying the bunyoles, small anise flavored sugared donuts that only appear at Lent.
Yummy Bunyoles...
And because it took so long to get the makeover, we took her to Font Romeu on our second ski weekend there...


and a picture of Jess standing in for Flat Megan...
Last week I sent Flat Megan off to her next stop in Finland. I still feel awful that the original is floating around Sant Cugat somewhere. But, then I think about the book, and imagine that she is having quite the adventure herself.


No comments: