26.4.10

Easter Activities...

So April happened...
I woke up Easter morning with an amazing back/shoulder pain. Not sure what I did the night before to hurt myself but hurt I did. We suspect it may have had something to do with the bumper cars from the week before but it's more fun to blame it on the zombie dream I had that night. Stupid Zombies.
The pain is finally tolerable without medication but still there and it really sidelined me for the entire month. My apologies for being late in updating...
Easter was a beautiful morning that turned into afternoon showers. We went to Church and the kids had their baskets, full of Old Monmouth Candy, thanks to my fabulous mother in law. In the evening as the rain was clearing we were gifted by a rainbow...

Nick's Mom, Sister in law, Faith and neice Nicole came to stay with us the day after Easter for a week. I'll try to upload those photos next. It was a great week dispite my shoulder pain and we had the kids' Godspell performance which was phenomenal. After the Ruotolo's left we held our 2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt. We had fun hiding the eggs all around the yard. One of our friends even loaned us an Easter Bunny Costume that Andrea dressed up in to the delight of the younger kids. It was a great excuse to get together and let the kids overdose on sugar.


Some eggs were a little harder to get to than others....

But we were confident that our middleschoolers would rise to the occasion.

Everyone had a good time...




Afterwards we settled in and relaxed...
I owe you all another blog on our visit from the Ruotolo's. Alexa has some great pictures from the trip to Tarragona that I didn't manage to make because of my back. I have to figure out how to upload those pictures. The month has gone by quickly and my spanish has improved a great deal since I've had to visit doctor's office so many times...but that is for another blog.
Also...today is moving day...have most of our belongings on the truck and will be starting to unload at the other house in about twenty minutes. Eventually I'll catch you all up on our comings and goings.
Miss you all!!
Bren

No comments: