11.12.08

Conversations with Jessie

We're all still suffering the affects of the cold that we had. All but Alexa and Nick who seemed to have escaped it. *knock wood* Jess has been back at school but her cough is still bad. I checked her for fever this morning and she was ok. She wanted to go to school so off she went.
I got a call from the office of the school around 1 pm. Jess was there and complaining of an upset stomach and bad cough. Nick had the car so I had to walk to the train station, take the train and walk up to the school. It wasn't a bad walk. The weather was at least sunny. On the way there, in the distance I could see the mountaintops are now covered in snow. It's a pretty cool sight. I'll try to get a picture of it to post.
I got to the school rather quickly and picked up Jess who insisted she was fine for walking to the station. On the way home from the train she starts talking about Santa. She wrote a letter to him in her head...

Dear Santa,
You are the best Santa ever. I hope you never die because I want to work for you when I get older. I want to stay little forever...and my Dad wants me to stay little too. He's always telling me to stop growing up. I think I'd make the perfect elf. Please don't forget me at Christmas time. I know you won't cause I'm not on the naughty list.

At this point, bad mom that I am, I interupt and say that I think there is a good chance that all the Ruotolo's are on the naughty list. She wasn't phased by that. She just looked at me and said, "yeah, but he's a good ol' fellow. He'll forgive us anyway." Then she launched into her reasons for believing not the least of which was the amount Santa spends this year. "I mean, you have four kids...and think about John and Kate plus 8. Nobody could buy that many presents."

She wants to work for Santa when she gets older. She says it'll be cool to know she is near such a great person. She says maybe she could be Santa when she gets older. I smile...cause it's good to have goals.

Love you all
Bren

1 comment:

princessapr said...

That is adorable. My sister wanted to be a caution light (that yellow light that flashes before it turns red) because she wanted to help people be safe and slow down. HAHAHAHA We totally never tease her either now that she's 30. If Jessie becomes Santa, I want an in with her.