7.10.08

A week that was...

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it took so long to update this week. It was a busy week/weekend last week. Nick was still away for most of last week. Last Wednesday, Joe, Andrea and Alexa went on the Middle School's cultural field trip. It was a three day trip to the area of Spain called Costa Brava. It's the northern most coastline. They had all sorts of fun activities.



Alexa's thoughts on her trip:



Costa Brava was so much fun!! All the 7th grade girls were in the same cabin because there are only 8 of us. We did archury, biking, sailing, and olympic games at the beach. The sailing instructer was scary. He threw water at people, threatened people, and made people scrub the bird poop of the deck. I thought biking was so much fun!! Me and patrick were doing stricks and on the way back from our bick ride we stopped and got chips and REAL WATER!!!!! The camp's water was disgusting! Archery was also fun. We took one turn then hung around for a while. Olympic games were ok. I didn't find them so fun because it was the last day, it was cold, and I was not feeling good. The food was pretty good, For breakfest we had toast, for lunch we haad pasta, and for dinner we had meat/fish. The first night we had a kareoke night. Half of the songs were in spainish so that was a little disapointing. The second night we went to a dance. I went to the dance with a boy named Patrick. It was so much fun! It was a fun yet hectic night. I loved the trip so so much and wished i could go back!!!!!!



Andrea's thoughts on the trip.

(Ugh..she is so busy and teenagerish right now. We'll get back to you on that one.) She wants you to know that the dance was fun. The 8th grade girls went without dates because they didn't want to. And she lost her voice, again, because of the Karaoke night.


Joe's thoughts on his trip:

I loved how we got to go on a glass bottom boat. On the boat i got soaked when a wave came up and hit me .We went on a bike across the beach and halfway through I got a flat tire, but I got to go with the next group. But for the dance me and my friend Ben raced to see who could get a date 1st and they had to get one before lunch.I won! I went to the dance with a girl named Lindsey. I loved the meals they were all (almost all) home made. my favorite was the lemon cakes we had the breakfast befor we left.I loved Coasta Brava i didnt want to go on Friday.

Jessica's thoughts on being home alone with Mom:
On Wednesday after school I had theater class. It was very nervous at first. And then it was very fun. They used my ideas for games to play. What we did was to do little fairy tales. We did about four girls getting lost in the woods and finding their mother's compass. Ps. She was dead and the dad too. After theater we cooked buttered noodles, chicken and corn. Then on Thursday we went into the city to go to Hard Rock Cafe. Then we went to a department store called, Cortes Ingles. It's got about 7 floors. On the very first floor was a candy store where we got some orange slices and chocolates. Then on Friday I had a friend come over. I had a lot of fun.

Nick came home early Saturday morning with a few bags full of "U.S.". It was great to have large tubs of peanut butter and cocoa for cooking and all my magazines that came in the mail.
Sunday, we went to a neighborhood party for some families at the kids school. It was a great mix of some of the other American families as well as the other nationalities represented at the school. So far all the people we've met have been so helpful and friendly. They've got a lot of advice for places to visit and ways to make the transition here easier.

We're back at school this week. After school activities started. We're scaling back on our usual activities. Alexa is doing jewelry making. Joe is taking a film class, and Jess is in a theater class. Andrea is on hold with the soccer. I'm working on getting her to change her mind about playing with boys. Right now, there are no girls on the team she'd be on. It's not helping that the 4 boys on the team won't let the girls play soccer with them at lunch.*sigh*

We're working on getting some more pictures together for you. I need to get out a tour of the house and Nick took some pictures playing with the puppies in Sant Cugat in the parque.
(((Hugs))) Miss you all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now Mom Teenage moments are crucial to a teenager. You can not take those away and get joy out of them. And I was tired due to the fact that we had stayed up late during all the nights. And i can tell the people my opinion on the trip now.