3.2.10

and so on and so on...

Life here has settled into the regular...the kids went back to school over the break, followed quickly by finals week, which was rather stressful. Play practice resumed and life as usual unfolds. We've had some new families move into the city, some for Vistaprint, some we've met through school. But otherwise, not much out of the ordinary to report on so I thought I'd show off some of the things I'm working on in pottery class. Below is the teapot I'm currently working on... And this one is finished except for the firing and glazing. Because it's brown clay the glazing options are limited...when finished the brown will be less shiney and lighter. I'm hoping to do a green-ish glaze just on the bottom 3/4 and a portion of the top...to expose the color of the clay and give it a rustic look. I really like this teapot and I'm fearful I'm about to ruin it in glazing so, keep your fingers crosse for me.

And the most important thing that has happened is that Alexa got her braces off!!! Finally after 3 years of orthodentic torture the wait is over and a beautiful smile has emerged. She hasn't stopped smiling either.
Love and miss you all!
~Bren


No comments: