12.12.09

L'ego my Eggo!

I hear there is a waffle shortage in the US. I share your pain fellow Americans. There are no frozen waffles here. The closest thing they have to frozen waffles is a thing called Gofres, which looks like a waffle but tastes like the syrup is already infused. Imagine the sugar shock we all got the first time we tried to eat these "waffles" with syrup one morning. Only Alexa succeeded in eating more than a bite. Even without the syrup they are one sweet treat. Whew. So, no waffles. When Nick's cousins were here in July we mentioned how we missed our Eggo waffles. And that I hadn't been able to find a waffle maker here. When they returned home, Steve and Danielle sent a care package that included a waffle maker. I was thrilled. Our first attempt at making them was foiled because the plug didn't fit into our energy transformer...the one that helps an appliance that is made for 125volts take 240. I did notice a week or so later that our laptops which already have the capacity to switch energy levels have the same plug. We use a simple plug converter for our laptops. I came up with a plan. I'd use the plug convertor to plug the appliance into the transformer thus creating the perfect electric pathway to make our waffles. I made our batter. I plugged it in...we made three perfect waffles before we lost power to half the kitchen. This is not an extraordinary occurance here so I asked Alexa to flip the fuse switch. Then I smelled the smoke. You know that electrical smell...and I noticed wisps of white drifting up out of our transformer. Yep, we blew the transformer. Apparently I was supposed to include how much energy the appliance used...which is too much for or little transformer. Luckily only the transformer is damaged...and waffle batter makes ok pancakes too.

Thursday night was Jessica's Holiday show. Well, it was the elementary school's holiday show but since she is the only one of our kids left in Elementary it is Jess's.lol Here is a pic of her before the show.




For some reason the vidoe won't load. I'll try to upload it elsewhere and add it.


~Bren

No comments: