22.11.09

Proud Mom Moment

Going to church with 4 kids has always been a bit of a challenge, trying to keep them all paying attention and participating. And now we're in Spain which is full of beautiful cathedrals. There was lots of motivation to get back to church. We had taken a year off of church because it was hard to find a mass in English....and by find it I meant, not only whether there was one and where but WHERE....in the city it was located and most importantly, was there parking. Parking...my biggest anxiety producer here. So, we got over those hurdles and have started going to mass regularly since school started because I'm determined the oldest three will be confirmed this year. So determined that I volunteered to teach the class in order to get it done. Even though we've been going to church (almost) every Sunday since September when Kelly Gallo, who's helping us coordinate the Confirmation classes, asked Joe and Jessica if they wanted to be Altar Servers today I panicked a bit, because not a mass goes by that I'm not shushing, separating and giving pointed looks to follow along the book and say the prayers. Had they even paid attention to the Altar Servers and what their role was? Clearly, my children were not affected by any of these concerns as they didn't need to be asked twice and were already half way to the sacristy by the time I could nod. Kelly assured me Father Jordi would walk them through. And I couldn't have been more proud as they came out in their white robes and assisted through mass. There was a couple yawns and a fidget or two but all in all they were perfect. Father remarked after how well they had followed along and said the prayers. Now, they can't wait until next week to do it again. I'm so proud of the great job they did.

No comments: