20.1.09

A quick update

Hi Everyone,

Things have returned to normal rather quickly. We're back in the routine. Andrea, Alexa and Joe have started play practice. Jess is enjoying seeing her friends again. I had my first Spanish lesson of the new year. We had the chimney repair guy out and declare our chimney in fine order. *shrug* I thought it worked but was missing a piece. No pasa nada. Piece shmiece. I'm building a fire the next time the heat kicks off...which is usually daily but stopped happening yesterday. I'm not complaining. I love when things fix themselves. Really, what we need to do is increase the electical input into the house. The landlord is working on it.


I had a trip to the Asian market. I made a Thai curry that was really delicious but spicey. I also took the opportunity to go to La Boqueria while I was there. It's right around the corner. I took some pictures of some of the stalls...






We have our Vonage phone up and working. If you don't have our number post here and I'll email it to you. I tried to get it on the Christmas cards but I think I missed some of them. It's a Massachusetts number so for those of you out of state it might be a long distance charge but it beats the international rate. Just please remember the time difference.

Otherwise I spent the day watching the Inauguration Coverage. I think it's a great day to be an American. I have great hopes for this President to work in a bi-partisan way. I can't help but remember those videos from 4th grade that taught us about the Civil Rights Movement. Martin Luther King has long been a hero of mine. I think he was a living example of Christ's word...turning the other cheek and loving your enemy. I also think he pushed our country to live up to it's ideals. And I remember a fight I helped break up as an RA at Seton Hall that had racial overtones to it. I remember the vile words that were directed toward students who lived on my floor. And the aftermath on campus. So, I watch today remembering the history and marveling how far we can come in a few decades. And I think maybe it's possible to help change the world more through example of our goodness then the might of our bombs.

That's it for now. Love you all.

1 comment:

princessapr said...

Wow, that's such a pretty market. Glad you got back safe and sound and things are picking up as usual.

I watched a bit of Inauguration coverage, but I was pooped and took a nap around 6 or so. So, I missed all the ball coverage. I'll have to check online to see what everyone was wearing.

I was excited when Obama was elected, but I feel my excitement lessened as time went by. It was great to renew my enthusiasm after seeing all the people who traveled the world with no place to stay in town just to celebrate or see the people crying because they never thought they'd see this day.