4.8.08

And so it begins.

Several months ago Nick approached me with the idea of moving to Barcelona, Spain. Seeing as it had only been a few years since we last moved, among many promises that this was the absolute last move until the kids graduated from high school, I said no. My biggest concern was the kids adjusting to a whole new enviroment. It seemed like a lot to ask of them. But, we went ahead and asked the kids what they thought and to both of our surprise the kids were enthusiastically for the move. And thus started a brand new stage of our life.
As usual, I started this venture by going out and buying a half a dozen travel books on Spain and Barcelona. It truly is a beautiful city with so much culture and art. Not to mention is sits on the Mediterranean. Hello, Europe...here we come.
We're all very excited about learning Spanish, visiting all the countries in Europe, and having a chance to experience what it like to live in another country. What we're all having a harder time with is leaving behind so many great friends and family members. We've invited you all to visit, and we're serious, please come. But, until that day comes we wanted a place where we could connect on a regular basis. That is where this blog comes in. I'm new to this particular blog so please bear with me and my learning curve. Feel free to comment and stop by as you can. I'll be posting pictures of our happenings to keep you updated. It'll be like we never left. (Although, a little more quiet on your end.)
We'll be in Spain the week of the 18th. I'm not sure how long it takes to get the internet connection up and going but I'll update this as soon as I can.

4 comments:

Joy Calogero said...

Dear Branda and family: Good luck and best wishes on your new advanture!

We are doing fine, slight scare with Tony and his heart in April but he is going back to work tonight.

Girls are great and yes Alexa Kaitlyn still thinks of you often!

Good luck again and keep us posted!

Joy, Tony, Kaitlyn, and Julianna Calogero

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just had a great idea!!! Call me crazy but I'm excited about it. LOL We need to meet in Italy. Yep. I said Italy. In about a year - we need to plan a trip and pick two cities to visit together (one will be Palermo so I can show you around my home town and meet my nicer family members *g*) and then the other city we can choose afterwards.

But seriously - we should plan a vacation in Italy. I probably need to go for my cousin's wedding so depending on when that date is - maybe we can plan something?

Love ya!

Unknown said...

Brenda, Nick and kids,

We will miss you here in Hopkinton! I am going to be living vicariously through you. Barcelona - how divine! and what a great adventure you will experience as a family and always have to remember in the future.

Cindy Courtney

Anonymous said...

Hi Alexa,

I was looking at the blog this week and your house and Spain looks like so much fun!!! Hope your having fun. We miss you in Hopkinton and in school!! Talk to you soon!

Miss you so much!!

Courtney Urlage